REPORTS TO: To Be Decided
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Hourly
SCHEDULE: Part-Time (20 hrs.) to Full-Time (40+ hrs.) depending on experience and availability.
Sundays are required as a regular work day.
LOCATION: The Home Church, 1799 S. Winchester Blvd., Campbell, CA 95008
COMPENSATION: $20 per hour. Benefits available if full-time (30+ hours).
The Home Church is a vibrant, non-denominational, charismatic congregation in the heart of Silicon Valley, with a huge vision to reach our community and to impact our world!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Communication Specialist to drive our internal and external communications. The Communication Specialist will enhance communication systems already in place, and develop marketing strategies and communication plans that will contribute to the growth, health, and development of the church.
The role of the Communications Specialist includes strategic planning and leadership, ensuring that the church vision and culture is being communicated in every facet of our ministry.
Additionally, The Home Church has a significant ministry and outreach to our community, local businesses, and city government. This position includes a public relations element, and at times might include acting as a liaison to these groups, and informing and engaging our congregation in volunteer opportunities in the City of Campbell.
Help develop effective Home Church communication strategies.
Create and implement branding and style guidelines, and standardize messaging across all communication platforms: online, print, and in-person.
Help the church see and celebrate the work God is doing.
Keep church members informed of services, meetings, events, staff changes, and ministry and outreach opportunities.
Provide people with points of connection to the church throughout the week, and make it easy for people to get the help and support they need from the church body.
Study the audiences the church is trying to reach, and use that knowledge to recommend and implement outreach strategies.
Be the person who is always asking, "How can we make this experience better for someone who has never been to church?"
Manage internal communications such as weekly e-newsletters, emails, and memos.
Manage social media engagement strategies for Facebook and Instagram, and explore additional social media platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
Regularly update and periodically enhance the church website
Create graphic designs and develop content to support message series, special services, and occasional events.
Organize and prioritize the Sunday announcements, and feed content and graphics to the pastoral staff and tech crew.
Facilitate and maintain the church database
Inform people in the community about services and ministries the church offers, and explore spirit-led methods of attracting more people to our services and events.
In cooperation with the Welcome Process Team, create and implement a system for following up with first-time guests.
● Born-again Christ-Follower with a vibrant and growing relationship with God.
● God-honoring lifestyle according to traditional Biblical standards of morality, sexuality, and relationships.
● Integrity, humility, and transparency.
● Proactive self-starter that functions well with minimal supervision.
● Team-player with a "can do" attitude and servant's heart.
● Detail oriented with strong gifts in administration
● Time management and prioritization
● Excellent relational skills
● Excellent oral and written communication (samples will be requested)
● Presentation/Public speaking
● MS Office proficient
● Command of the English language
● Social media savvy
● Basic Web Design
● Layout and Graphic Design
● Photography and Videography
● Photo and Video-Editing Software
● Bi-Lingual in Spanish or Mandarin
DESIRED EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE:
● Bachelor's Degree in Communications or Marketing disciplines preferred but not required
● Experience in the Communication and/or Marketing fields
● Copywriting and editing experience
● Public speaking and Project Management experience
● Home Church membership, regular attendance, and participation in the church body-life are required for this position.
Please email your resume to our Human Resources Manager, Brenda Wielen, at...