Brookville Road Community Church's mission is to inspire people to become wholehearted followers of Jesus who love God, love the Church, and love the world. Our discipleship process includes three (3) essential elements: God time, Group time, and Go time. This role will connect people to a life of discipleship through these three (3) areas by developing dynamic environments that inspire people to become wholehearted disciples of Jesus.
GENERAL SKILLS NEEDED
Volunteer Recruiter: We are charged to "equip the saints for works of service" (Ephesians 4). This leader will foster a strong, active, growth-focused network of small group leaders, group members, and individuals interested in becoming part of BRCC's small groups ministry.
Relational: Ministry is about caring for people. As expressions of loving God and loving others, the leader will exhibit a heart for people through connecting with our staff, volunteers and congregants in a way that creates an environment that inspires people to become wholehearted followers of Jesus. This role requires the ability to work with various personality types and establish a strong culture of relationships and community through avenues of pastoral care and assimilation. Decision-making will require seeking input from others and ultimately making decisions based on convictions rooted in God's Word.
Organizational/Planning: Establish clear lines of communication with staff and volunteers. Exhibit the capacity to balance multiple activities with grace. Design and implement ways for people to connect relationally. Develop and maintain an annual plan that ensures continuous improvement and growth of small group involvement as a strong component of our discipleship process.
Self-Motivator: Manage time effectively and efficiently. Ability to thrive in an interdependent and transparent work environment. Possess a strong work ethic. Ability to maintain a positive and proactive ministry environment.
Equipping/Training: Plan and execute regular small group leader training and recognition events, ensuring the existence of a healthy body of small group leaders upon which to grow a strong small groups ministry.
Confidentiality: In the life of a church, confidentiality sustains a culture of trust and promotes confidence in those we serve. It is non-negotiable.
Spiritual: Love Jesus more than you love ministry. This would be personally played out in your life through the study of the Word, prayer, and worship. The foundation of who you are is biblical humility; that your character is greater than your gifting and your humility is greater than your influence.
· Develop and maintain an annual plan (scope and sequence) that ensures continuous discipleship and growth of small group involvement.
· Function as overall leader of all small groups (life, study, focus); coaching and shepherding individual small group leaders as they care for their group.
· Implement regular team leader and small group participant recruitment methods and processes ensuring a healthy small groups growth rate over time.
· Plan and execute regular small group connection events as a means of bridging the gap between casual attendance and deepening environments (small groups).
· Proactively develop a strong, active, growth-focused network of small group leaders, group members, and individuals interested in becoming part of the church's small groups ministry.
· Plan and execute regular small group leader training and recognition events, ensuring the existence of a healthy body of small group leaders.
· In collaboration with the Lead Pastor, identify, develop, and/or select small group curriculum, study materials, and tools.
· In collaboration with the Missions Pastor, develop local mission opportunities for small groups.
· Develop and manage all affiliated budgets.
· Provide vision, leadership, and oversight to the hospitality team in coordination with the Hospitality Coordinator.
· Increase discipleship opportunities through engagement in service opportunities.
· Develop a connections handbook outlining all connections-related volunteer job descriptions, service guidelines, and procedures.
· Leadership development in service areas.
· Staff meetings and prayer, long-term planning, cross-team activities, preaching, pastoral care, professional development, etc.