The Contemporary Worship Leader responsibilities include designing and implementing uplifting and inspirational experiences for the worship of God in a contemporary setting. The Contemporary Worship Leader provides coordination, direction and resourcing for contemporary worship including sound operations, video, and slide projections.
The specific duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
A. Worship Leadership
1. In consultation with Pastor(s), plan, coordinate, and execute contemporary worship services. Also, provide similar support for special worship services of the church. Demonstrates excellence in leading worship.
2. Lead worship team including recruitment, development, rehearsal direction, and scheduling for volunteers. Develop musicians, worship leaders, and song leaders. Communicate and lead the worship team effectively.
3. Maintain (cataloging and filing) the contemporary worship library
4. Provides worship support, leadership, and direction for other areas of the church as needed (e.g. VBS, Mission trips, Child Care Center).
5. Responsible for worship presentation and audio-visual elements for worship services (e.g. slideshows, lighting).
6. Provide leadership and direction for supporting volunteers and teams serving contemporary worship. This includes recruitment, training and supporting volunteers in carrying out these roles. (e.g. May include but not be limited to: worship team, operators for pro-presenter, streaming, cameras, lighting, communion servers, greeters, altar guild, etc.)
7. Provide pastoral leadership by shepherding, training and caring for the worship volunteers and teams.
8. Oversee the support and set up needs for facilities, rooms, stage and equipment utilized for contemporary worship. Coordinating and assisting with the set-up of the stage for worship and rehearsals and tear down and clean up of these same areas pre- and post- worship.
9. Lead weekly and monthly planning team meeting in collaboration with primary preacher for contemporary worship.
B. Media & Audio-Visual Production
1. Responsible for producing church videos supporting worship
2. Oversee the inventory, repair, maintenance, replacement, and improvement of A/V equipment supporting contemporary worship. When possible, provide assistance, guidance and collaboration for similar A/V needs more broadly at the church.
3. Coordinate and serve as primary contact with suppliers and service providers to A/V equipment utilized by contemporary worship.
4. Facilitate, train and enable volunteers who serve, support, and use A/V equipment supporting contemporary worship.
C. Staff Team Member
1. Fulfill obligations to be cooperative with broader church staff and activities (e.g. staff meetings, area meetings, church events).
2. Responsible for and supports any necessary communication efforts to staff, congregation, and others as it relates to job functions.
Lead Pastor, Executive Director, Associate Pastor(s), Traditional Worship Leader, Worship Design Team, Loving God Team, Contemporary Worship Design Team, Communications Director, and Church Ministries Council.