Position Title, Department, Location: Curriculum and Environments Director, NextGen, Central Ministries
Supervisor: NextGen Director, Central Ministries
Direct Reports: n/a
The Curriculum and Environments Director for NextGen (Birth-High School Graduation) ministry will oversee and manage Kids and Student curriculum to remain fresh, engaging, and help equip kids and students with the knowledge and tools to follow Jesus for a lifetime. This person will work with kids and student directors to create irresistible environments aid in learning, connecting with others, and growing spiritually at kids and student gatherings.
1. Help develop and lead the NextGen teaching strategy that helps equip kids and students in every age and stage with the necessary tools to find and follow Jesus for a lifetime
2. Collaborate with Menlo Kids and Student directors to edit and create curriculum that is theologically sound, engaging, and inclusive of all learning styles and differences.
3. Collaborate with Menlo Kids and Student Directors to design and create engaging environments (space and programs) for kids and students that are safe, inclusive, irresistible, and intentionally designed for growing in community.
4. Equip campuses to lead weekly gatherings, which includes developing a process to provide campuses with supplies and creating weekly Planning Center Plans.
5. Develop and execute feedback loop to continually learn and improve curriculum and environments.
6. Work with the NextGen Central team to ensure Life Groups and Families are equipped to lead at kids/student gatherings and in the home.
7. Additional duties and special projects as assigned by NextGen Director.
Required Education and Experience
5 years experience in Kids or Student ministries
Theological education recommended
Knowledge and Skills
Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once
High Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
Strong written and spoken communication skills
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Strong theological foundation
Knowledgeable about child and adolescent brain development
Knowledgeable about learning differences in kids and students
Positive attitude and a desire to learn
Team player and team builder with a focus on the vision of the whole church
Proficiency with common office & ministry tools (i.e., Office 365, Zoom, PCO, ProPresenter)
Menlo Church Spiritual Requirements
Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
Must be a committed disciple of Christ and committed to serving God and the body of Christ at Menlo
Church in attendance, labs, and life groups.
Must have compatible theology in alignment with ECO essential tenets
Must be pursuing or active in a community of believers who can speak truth into your life
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all possible duties, activities, or responsibilities. These requirements may change at any time.
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."