Covenant Community Church (CCC) is seeking a fun and caring individual who is passionate about leading children to Jesus Christ to lead CCC's Children's Ministry. The Director of Children's Ministry (DCM) collaborates with CCC staff and volunteers to lead children and families to join in CCC's mission to Celebrate God, Connect with Others, and Change the World.
The DCM is responsible for developing, implementing, and directing all components of the Children's Ministry (preschool through 5th grade, Vacation Bible School) in collaboration with the head of staff. This includes, but is not limited to: developing and implementing the program; recruiting, training, and supervising program volunteers and staff; and managing the program budget.
This is a regular PART-TIME at-will position (up to 20 hours per week which may increase during special events) that reports to the Pastor/Head of Staff and supervises program teachers, leaders, and volunteers. The hourly salary for the position is dependent upon experience.
The DCM should have:
- a personal relationship with Jesus Christ;
- ability to communicate the gospel to children;
- ability to communicate and build healthy relationships with children and families;
- ability to recruit, train, supervise, and encourage staff and volunteers;
- strong organizational and program development skills;
- ability to stay abreast of current children's ministry trends and best practices;
- strong written and verbal communication skills;
- ability to carry out responsibilities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision;
- ability to work well with others in a team environment;
- interpersonal sensitivity and confidentiality; and
- ability to work with modern office equipment and software.
Duties and responsibilities of the Director of Children's Ministry may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- developing, selecting, and implementing all ministry curriculums in collaboration with Pastor;
- regularly attending and participating in staff meetings;
- regularly tracking and reporting ministry revenues and expenses;
- acting as staff liaison to Children's Ministry Committee;
- regularly attending worship services and participating in service activities when invited;
- facilitating worship and teaching for children during Sunday School with staff and volunteers;
Connecting with Others
- establishing connections with children and families through multiple media;
- creating opportunities for children and families to connect with others;
- casting ministry vision for families and broader Church in collaboration with Pastor;
- leading and facilitating fellowship events;
Changing the World
- administering and leading Vacation Bible School program (VBS);
- recruiting, training, and supervising program volunteers and leaders; and
- coordinating outreach events for children and families with Church leadership and staff