Please submit your resume to resume@ fbcqc.org to be considered for this position.
The Director of Children's Ministries is part of the staff team and is to have one goal in mind – introducing people to Jesus Christ and enabling them to grow in a personal relationship with Him. The DCM's primary job function is to partner with parents to teach children to know, love and serve Christ. The DCM will coordinate and oversee all aspects of children's ministry, birth-6th grade.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPECTATIONS
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior, and will maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and daily pursuit of God.
- Will become a member of FBC Queen City and fully embrace the mission, vision, and values of the church.
- Must have a passion for children's ministry and a desire to see families grow in their faith together.
- High school diploma and 2-3 years of children's ministry experience or an educational background in Christian Ministries, Biblical Studies, or a related field is preferred.
- Reliability, intrinsic motivation, and initiative is key. The desired candidate will give attention to detail and strive for excellence.
- Must use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Must develop and maintain a cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, and church members.
- Competency with basic computer software (Word, Excel, Planning Center) and the capacity to learn new software.
Include but not limited to:
- Provide vision, strategy, and development for all Children's Ministries (birth – 6th grade)
- Provide leadership, direction, training, and oversight for all Children's Ministry leaders, workers, and volunteers.
- Provide leadership and oversight for all Children's Ministries that include: Children's Sunday School, Nursery childcare, Vacation Bible School, Wednesday Night Ministries, Sunday Morning Children's Church, Special Events, Children's Camp.
- Schedule and maintain a robust Children's Ministry Activity calendar that fosters engagement and inclusion of children birth-6th grade and their families.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the AWANA program, including programming, purchasing, curriculum, scheduling, logistics, recruiting volunteers, and other needed functions to foster and continue to grow an already active ministry.
- Work with Children's Ministry Team to review, purchase, and oversee all curriculums for Children's Ministries.
- Recruit, train, pray for, and involve new Children's Ministry volunteers.
- Create and effectively manage Children's Ministry budget with direction from Senior Pastor and/or Stewardship Committee.
- Schedule nursery workers, both paid and volunteer, for baby and toddler nurseries. Oversee training, work schedules, duties, and performance of nursery workers.
- Purchase and stock needed supplies and curriculum and maintain stocked classrooms for Sunday School, Nursery, Children's Church and Wednesday night Children's Ministry activities that fosters and maintains safe, clean and aesthetically pleasing childhood learning environments.
- Communicate consistently with parents as well as provide tools they need for spiritual leadership.
- Encourage and equip parents to develop a biblical worldview in their children.
- Promote Scripture memorizing, prayer, and personal Bible reading
- Provide opportunities for ministry leadership, outreach to the community, and connection to the mission field.
- Oversee Children's Ministry Facebook Page and develop and maintain various modes of communication with parents and families.
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences as needed to maintain professional development.
- Work closely with the Youth Pastor to assure smooth transition of students to youth ministry.
- Develop and maintain safety and security systems for children, including but not limited to: background checks for all workers, recommend facility improvements to ensure safety, create and enforce necessary rules for safety and security (such as check-in/check-out system), collect information on children with food allergies.
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Pastor.
- Responsible to and works under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.
- Supervises and directs all Children's Ministry volunteers (birth – 6th grade).
- Supports and works with all ministries of the church