Department: Student Ministries-General / Saratoga
Supervisor: Campus Pastor, Saratoga
Direct Reports: n/a
Classification: Regular / Full time 40-hours per week / Exempt
Date of Submission or Revision: 1.8.23
Date of Approval: 1.8.23
The Director of Student Ministries will work with the Campus Pastor and other staff to cast vision, implement programming and services, and inspire others to love and follow Jesus more deeply. The Director of Student Ministries will focus on recruiting, training, shepherding, and developing student leaders and adult volunteers.
1. Work as a cohesive unit with our Saratoga campus team.
2. Responsible for gathering high capacity volunteers and equipping them for ministry in the church. Recognize talents and gifts and mentor and coach through the leadership pipeline. Lead, encourage, and develop volunteers through 1:1 or large group interactions.
As directed by the Campus
Pastor, work with the Saratoga campus staff to plan and execute
events and services to reach our community.
4. Implement the Menlo Students strategy that draws middle and high school students to Menlo Church and launches them into a lifetime of faith in Jesus Christ.
5. Partner with parents in the spiritual development of their students.
6. Responsible for the safety of all students. Work with the Campus Administrator to ensure adult leaders are screened, participate in mandated trainings, and maintain healing boundaries.
7. Shepherd and develop student leaders.
8. Oversee Student Ministry Life Groups that are split by gender and led by adult volunteers.
9. Oversee weekly student gatherings.
10. Establish and build positive working relationships with staff and administrators at Saratoga High School. Find a mutually beneficial way to be a physical presence on campus.
11. As needed, meet with the Central NextGen team and Student Ministry Directors from other locations to support one another and own ad hoc projects.
12. Manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and intelligently delegate.
13. Develop and maintain positive working relationships by actively living out and championing our staff values of being humble, hopeful, and gritty.
14. Additional duties and special projects as assigned by the Campus Pastor, Saratoga.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalency
Some college coursework
Minimum 2-years' experience leading a youth ministry
Preferred Education and Experience
Experience overseeing and developing both staff and lay leaders in ministry
Experience working in a church with multiple locations
Knowledge and Skills
Ability to recruit, develop, identify, and multiply high capacity volunteers
Experience working with people from different cultures
Strong theological foundation
Knowledgeable about student/youth ministry best practices
Strong written and spoken communication skills
Enthusiastic and high energy leadership style
High Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
Team player and team builder with a focus on the vision of the whole church
Proficiency with common office applications and collaboration tools, including Zoom, MS 365, Teams, Leadr, and PCO; comfortable learning new technology, software, and applications
Ability to speak effectively before small and large groups
Menlo Church Spiritual Requirements
Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ