Fellowship Community Church
1226 Red Lane Extension, Salem, VA 24153
The Discipleship/Family Pastor is responsible for the overall development and implementation of assimilation and discipleship programs for birth – adults across Fellowship Community Church (FCC) utilizing the five purposes of FCC, these being Evangelism, Worship, Discipleship, Ministry, and Missions. This position will be responsible for expanding the ministry strategies that help parents and families in every life stage. The Discipleship/Family Pastor will oversee the Directors of Birth-Senior Adult ministries (5 Staff Positions: Children, Students, College Ministry, Life Groups, Senior Adults, Special Needs)
* Guide ministry staff from all campuses helping to implement a successful church-wide ministry strategy that incorporates our vision of Jesus Every Day, Jesus Everyone Jesus Every Where and is guided by campus constants.
* Coordinate with ministry leaders so that the values and culture of FCC are present in birth - adult ministries ensuring the teaching and programming highlight missions, outreach initiatives, special needs ministry, adoption ministry, senior adults, and prayer ministry.
* Hold leaders accountable and ensure leadership development and volunteer recruitment are happening in each ministry, helping staff on strategies for raising up, recruiting, leading, and training volunteers.
* Work with ministry leaders in tracking and moving individuals forward with each area of ministry having specific measurable assimilation steps to ensure discipleship pathway being followed at all ages (giving, serving, learning, and evangelism).
* Coordinate with Life Groups & Assimilation ministry leaders at each campus.
* Oversee the assimilation process for birth- adults.
* Make sure ministries are using one consistent method of teaching evangelism & baptism.
* Develop seasonal events to connect new families.
* Coordinate and/or lead various discipleship classes.
* Give input on training, curriculum and resources, examining age appropriateness and doctrinal integrity.
* Work with ministry team to develop smooth transitions from one stage of ministry to the next (children to youth to college...)
* Shepherd and develop ministry team, using regular meetings and goal setting for evaluation.
* Regularly attend each campus to build and cultivate relationships among staff and congregation.
* Assist in development and cultivation of next generation of leaders within the church via internships and other programs.
* Provide a consistent pastoral presence for the families of our church.
* Assist with the pastoral needs of the entire congregation (care, equipping, leadership, preaching, weddings, funerals)
* Oversee equitable use of resources.
* Ministry budget development and maintenance.
* Philosophical alignment with church leadership.
* Passionate about casting vision and developing leaders.
* Demonstrated leadership for the church and theological discernment.
* Possess pastoral influence, verbal communication skills, and cultural awareness.
* Commitment to personal evangelism and church-wide mission involvement.
* Proven success at multi-tasking, time management, organization, and prioritizing.
* Proven ability to work with and maintain positive, loyal relationships with those inside and outside the church.
* Good standing FCC membership; stable mature Christian walk exhibiting the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
* Excellent management and leadership skills.
* Forward thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills and biblical conflict management.
* Theological degree from accredited school.
* Minimum 5 years' experience.
* Experience supervising 3 or more employees.
* Proven track record in implementing church growth and discipleship.
We thank you in advance. The Search Team requests that you please respect our process by following these ground rules:
Candidates will submit documents and communications VIA EMAIL ONLY to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All documents should be emailed directly, not submitted through job hosting site.
1. Cover Letter
3. Three professional references
The Search Team will notify the candidate:
* With acknowledge receipt of the application and send the questionnaire after the initial screening via EMAIL ONLY.
* In the event a telephone interview is requested
* When references will be contacted prior to the personal interview only.
* In the event a visit should be scheduled for an interview.
Candidates are asked not to call, email, or make personal visits to talk with church staff, church members, or Search Team members.