First Baptist Church Diboll
Denomination: Baptist - SBC
Category: Associate Pastor
Time Type: Full Time
The Worship Pastor shall be responsible to the church, through the Pastor, for the development and promotion of all music programs and to assist the Pastor in general ministries of the church and other duties described below:
1. The Worship Pastor is responsible for coordinating, supervising, and implementing all aspects of the music ministry at FBC Diboll, in collaboration with the Pastor.
2. Coordinate the church music ministry (including worship services, special events, music and/or groups, etc.) with the church's calendar and emphases.
3. Direct the congregational singing for all church services, except when a special guest has been invited for a particular function.
4. Be available to assist in planning weddings and funerals conducted in the church, suggesting selection of the music.
5. Supervise the maintenance, additions and all purchases made regarding the music library, musical instruments, and supplies, in collaboration with the Pastor and the Church Council when necessary.
6. Plan manage and submit an proposed budget annually for the music ministry.
7. Prepare promotional and interpretive information and media about the music ministry for the church and take steps to inform the membership and community of activities and ministries.
8. Responsible for creating and maintaining all ProPresenter/Media slides related to all ministries for the church and take steps to inform the membership and community of activities and ministries.
9. Work in cooperation with the Pastor and the Nominating Committee in selecting, enlisting, and training song leaders, accompanists, and other musicians who serve in the music ministry.
10. Attend all meeting as requested by Pastor and Church Council
11. Serve as part of the Pastoral Staff in visitation, counseling, prayer, planning, meetings.
12. All other duties as assigned by Senior Pastor
1. Lead First Baptist Church Diboll in a united understanding, desire, and commitment to make discipleship a foundational value of our church.
a. Work alongside the Senior Pastor and Church Council to develop churchwide discipleship vision, strategy, and goals.
b. Create discipleship training opportunities to equip members in transitional life stages. (i.e., Singleness, Marriage, Parenting, Empty Nest, etc.)
c. Partner with the Children's & Student Ministries to develop a strategy for equipping families to disciple their children through various developmental stages.
d. Ensure that leaders know First Baptist Church's vision, strategy, and goals and their role as leaders in accomplishing them.
e. Work to foster an atmosphere of community in each group.
f. Develop a long-term strategy for group leader development and replication
g. Develop a strategy to connect members and guests to a small group that is appropriate to their current season of life.
h. Work with the Senior Pastor to implement curriculum related to vision and direction.
i. Assist Senior Pastor in other areas of work as requested.
Job Title: Associate Pastor – Worship and Discipleship
Pay Scale: 42K-52K Depending on Candidate Qualifications
Reports to: Senior Pastor
* Saved and baptized believer, called to ministry
* Faithfulness to serving, evangelism, giving and personal study
* People Person, Outgoing, self-starting and organized
* A "Heart" for worship, evangelism, and discipleship
* Excellent communication skills with congregation, volunteers, and workers