The full-time Pastor of Worship and Media Arts is called by God to follow a Christian life of discipleship, using their God-given gifts to carry out the vision of the church. He will lead, shepherd, and equip the music and production teams to execute weekly worship experiences & special events at Wayne Hills. He will have the ability to select theologically sound content for a diverse congregation which enjoys both traditional and contemporary music. He will function as a part of the Pastoral Staff and will oversee Wayne Hill's media efforts.
Type of Position:
Full-Time; salaried staff position. This position functions under the direct supervision and authority of the Senior Pastor, the oversight of the Council of Elders, and the assistance of the Personnel Committee.
1. Meets qualifications of an elder in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 & models a Christian walk
2. Lead in various pastoral responsibilities upon request of the Senior Pastor.
3. Provide regular reports to the Elders, Deacons, Personnel Committee or other leadership bodies as directed by the Senior Pastor.
4. Intentionally disciple teams, helping them to grow closer to Christ and leading them to worship Him more fully.
5. Develop the adult music program as directed by the Senior Pastor.
6. Participate in staff meetings as arranged by the Senior Pastor and staff.
7. Coordinate church music for all regularly scheduled services and review with the Senior Pastor.
8. Exercise Biblical stewardship in managing ministry budgets
9. Notify the Church Secretary no later than Wednesday morning for timely inclusion of music selections and articles for the church bulletin.
10. Direct the musicians, and sound room technicians in the special support functions they contribute to the music program.
11. Familiarity with Planning Center software is preferred.
12. Perform other responsibilities that may from time to time be requested by the Senior Pastor or other senior leadership.