The Pastor of Worship is an Elder-qualified man who provides pastoral leadership for the worship ministries of the Bible Church of Little Rock. The Pastor of Worship will be responsible for planning and leading congregational worship, directing worship ministry teams and volunteers, and providing oversight for technology. This includes the implementation of BCLR's vision and distinctives in the worship ministry. This position will require the ability to lead the people of God in the worship of God; communicate and model principles of biblical worship; craft worship services based on biblical text or theme; and recruit, train, lead, and nurture volunteers for ministry teams. He also serves the congregation through the performance of pastoral and shepherding duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prayerfully plan and direct worship services for Sunday gatherings with consideration given to sermon text, liturgical framework, cohesiveness, variety, vocal and instrumental arrangement, musical appropriateness, and theological accuracy of song lyrics.
2. Ensure that all musical and technical aspects of the corporate worship gathering are well-planned, rehearsed, and suited to the aim of the service. This includes proper preparation and administration of the ordinances.
3. Administer the church's worship schedule and calendar.
4. Coordinate all aspects of the worship ministry to function together cohesively including overseeing song and choral selection, AVL preparation and presentation, and arrangement of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and other participants.
5. Build and equip teams to participate in the worship areas of BCLR.
6. Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate excellent worship services.
7. Produce special worship programs for key events on the church calendar (ie Good Friday, Christmas Eve, etc).
8. Develop the weekly bulletin including content and announcements.
9. Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
10. Research and introduce our worship teams and congregation to worship training provided by conferences, books, or other ministries.
11. Set, attain, evaluate, and modify short-term and long-term goals for the worship ministry that align with the vision of BCLR.
12. Oversee and ensure maintenance and care of all equipment utilized and evaluate and suggest equipment needs.
13. Support the ministries of the church through participation and prayer.
14. May provide leadership and oversight to other ministries and initiatives as dictated by gifting, availability, and church needs.
1. Perform shepherding and discipleship responsibilities for the flock.
2. Attend all Pastoral Staff and Elder Board meetings and retreats.
3. Attend and participate in a Care Group.
4. Teach or preach when requested by the Pastor-Teacher.
5. Officiate the monthly communion service when requested.
6. Provide Biblical counseling to those who are seeking help.
7. Plan, and when necessary perform, baptisms, funerals, and weddings.
8. Participate in church-wide events, seminars, retreats, ministries, and conferences upon availability.
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a growing personal relationship with Him expressed by ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship.
2. A life above reproach, a willing spirit in the life-long pursuit of sanctification, and a commitment to moral purity.
3. Commitment to the vision and worship philosophy of BCLR.
4. Affirmation of the BCLR Doctrinal Statement and Membership Covenant.
5. A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
6. Agreement with the BCLR philosophy of worship and willing to develop worship services that follow that philosophy.
7. Bachelor's degree in Biblical Studies, Music, Theology, Worship Studies, or similar.
8. Minimum 3 years of demonstrated excellence as a worship leader.
9. Minimum 2 years of pastoral experience characterized by discipleship and a commitment to God's Word.
10. Strong understanding of musical performance and expertise in choral, orchestral, and instrumental conducting.
11. Strong vocal proficiency as a leader, soloist, and group vocalist.
12. Strong leadership, organization, and administration skills.
13. An appropriate stage presence for leading a church in worship.
14. Ability to work with chord charts, sheet music, and instrument-specific tablature.
15. Experience in recruiting and managing multiple volunteers, building relationships, and leading successful teams.
16. Proven initiative and willingness to grow professionally.
17. Required software skills: Microsoft Office suite.
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate on experience, qualification, and education in addition to benefits package.