The congregation of Central Baptist Church in Johnson City, TN is seeking a full-time Preschool and Children's Director. The Preschool and Children's Director is responsible to oversee the programs, events, and ministry to and with the preschoolers and children and their families at Central Baptist Church. The Director will report to the Senior Pastor and work in cooperation with the other ministry staff to accomplish the purposes of the church.
Central Baptist Church is a multi-cultural, 155-year-old congregation with diverse demographics, women in ministry, both traditional and modern worship styles, and participates in both local and global missions. Central Baptist Church cooperates primarily with the Southern Baptist Convention, but also with the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship.
Bachelors level education (or higher) related to education and/or ministry
Experience working with children in an educational or ministry setting
Experience working in a church
Passion for children and their families
Understanding and identification with the issues, demands, and pressures on families today
Understanding of media use in ministry
Age Group Ministries
1. Oversee the planning and execution of Sunday morning and Wednesday evening programs for Preschool and Children (birth through fifth grade), including the conception and direction of programs, curriculum selection, enlistment and training of volunteers, ensuring appropriate background checks for volunteers, expressing appreciation to volunteers, and program evaluation.
2. Oversee the planning and execution of activities and events for preschoolers, children, and their families. Events might typically include VBS, Kick-off events, Fall Event, Easter Event, Summer Events, etc.
3. Engage in outreach, evangelism, and pastoral care of preschoolers, children, and their families.
4. Lead, direct, and supervise any preschool associates or interns, whose role will be to assist in the volunteer organization and guidance of weekly programs and other childcare needs.
5. Work with Youth & College Pastor to help create a cohesive and consistent approach to the spiritual growth and development of all ages and families.
6. Develop and/or work with (as assigned) any appropriate teams or committees to help accomplish the purposes of the church.
7. Assist with such duties and functions as assigned for equitable distribution of staff responsibilities, as determined by the Senior Pastor.
1. Serve as a consultant and support person for the church's Weekday Preschool.
2. Function as a staff liaison for the Preschool Administrative Committee.
3. Initiate programs, events, and relationships that will strengthen the connection between the
Church and the Weekday Preschool.
Interested candidates should provide their resumes and references either by post to Central Baptist Church, Attn. Kirsten Borger, 300 N. Roan Street, Johnson City, TN, 37601, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; the position will remain open until filled. Additional information regarding Central Baptist Church may be found at https://cbcjc.org/.