Olive Tree Messianic Congregational Leader
Olive Tree Congregation
Prospect Heights, IL
Olive Tree Congregation (OTC) is a growing messianic congregation in the heart of the Chicago Suburbs, about 1 hour northwest of Chicago with an average attendance of 120 people.
• Our mission is to glorify God by making disciples of Messiah Yeshua among Israel and the Nations.
• Our vision is to be a community where Jews and Gentiles share New Life in Messiah.
• We are committed to public worship, expositional preaching and teaching of God's Word, actively reaching people for Messiah locally and worldwide, equipping believers for service, and administration of God's ordinances.
• We are non-Charismatic in our approach to corporate worship and ministry regarding the sign gifts.
• Our objective is to find a Jewish man committed to the same approach to ministry as we are. Our current congregational leader, Dan Strull has been serving full-time as our pastor since 1987 and would like to make an intentional transition of leadership.
• Oversee all aspects of congregational life
• Primarily function as a teaching elder
• Train up members for service rather than to be personally involved in all areas
• Not be unduly burdened by tasks unrelated to the primary function. To unduly burden the pastor with other functions, particularly those which can be performed by other members, is to rob him of study time and devotion to the Word.
Olive Tree Congregational Leader
The Congregational Leader will serve the Lord through the following responsibilities:
· Foremost among the pastor's duties shall be the public and private exposition of the Scriptures. His goal is to help mature the believers through insightful and accurate presentation and proclamation of the Word of God.
· Watching over the spiritual welfare of the congregation along with a team of elders, equipping believers to be the true ministers in the body and being available for counseling as time permits.
· Visiting members and others in the community in so far as possible. He shall give himself to prayer on behalf of the members over whom he has spiritual oversight.
· Perform ceremonial duties such as Holy Day celebrations, weddings and funerals.
• Jewish male (One who grew up with an awareness of their Jewish heritage)
• Full agreement with the constitution of Olive Tree Congregation
• Expository preacher
• Dispensational theology
• Healthy family
• Biblical education
• Ministerial training and leadership experience
• Personable and engaging
• Biblical counselor
• Capable of handling Messianic liturgy
• Leads through Consensus
• Vision Caster
• Cultural Fit
• Jewish Experience and Apologetics
Specific Areas of Assignment
• Job includes:
• Conducting the public service.
• Be an ex-officio member of all boards, committees, and organizations within the congregation and a voting member of the elder board.
• Be the primary representative and spokesman of the OTC.
• Maintain congregational discipline among the members.
• Give attention to evangelism and missions through example and direction.
• Be a resource person and stimulator rather than the star performer.