Category: Other Ministry & Christian
Time Type: Full Time
1. Casts church-wide vision for sharing and teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ for all generations.
2. Inspires, cares for, and develops leaders and teachers within the church.
3. Builds volunteer teams who demonstrate passion and ownership for the ministry.
4. Ensures leaders, plans, and resources are aligned to the church's vision, mission, values and
1. Researches, prepares, and delivers creative and relevant messages for adult services.
2. Collaborates with and supports the Arts Pastor and Communications Director in the creative design and delivery of inspirational adult services. Participates in adult service planning and
2. Attends Chesapeake's Leadership Team Meeting. Supports the team's efforts to provide a seamless transition between current and future leadership generations.
3. Collaborates with the Community Life Director to ensure classes designed to help people grow in their faith complement and support the church's teaching focus for young families.
4. Provides occasional teaching support for Life Study classes.
5. Provides teaching and consulting support to Youth and Children's Ministries in the development of age-appropriate teaching; provides occasional teaching support to the Youth Ministry.
6. Establishes standards for ministry activities and oversees evaluations against those standards to achieve new levels of spiritual growth and ministry excellence.
7. Supports and collaborates with other staff on the planning, preparation, and implementation of church-wide events.
8. Performs other duties, as assigned.
Mission: To reach unchurched people and help them grow into fully devoted
followers of Jesus Christ.
Vision: A growing Biblical Community
Core Values: All people matter to God
Full devotion to Jesus Christ is normal
Excellence honors God
We are an independent non-denominational church that is Elder-led based on a presbyterian form of government. Our theology is very conservative yet tolerant. We currently have seven Elders, including the Senior Pastor, who are responsible for the spiritual oversight and care for the Body. The Senior Pastor directs the staff, ensuring that Pastors implement vision and direction consistent with the church's mission, vision and core values.