Dolores Park Church is in need of a Worship Leader whose primary role is leading worship during Sunday services and Pastor / Director of Junior High Ministry. This is a full-time position where roughly 30-40% would be leading the Worship Ministry, and the other 60-70% would be leading the Junior High Ministry.
If you are only interested in the Worship Leader role, we are willing to hire someone with the qualifications below that don't pertain to Junior High Ministry, but it would be a part-time role, not full-time.
Please read the description thoroughly and, if interested, email a brief letter of introduction and interest along with your resume to the email address on this posting. We will respond within a few days—please be patient as this effort is conducted by volunteers. Please do not try to contact the church directly regarding this position as the office has nothing to do with the hiring process. The salary is roughly $70k with benefits and potential housing for a single person or married couple. This amount is approximate and negotiable.
The ideal candidate is someone with a deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ as his/her Savior and Lord. This person is sensitive to the Holy Spirit's guidance, prayerful, and passionate about leading the community of faith toward Christ in worship and ministering to junior high schoolers. He/She is organized and plans for each service but is capable of adapting when there are unanticipated changes. She/he knows how to invest in junior high schoolers and build a ministry with volunteers.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations
- Believer and follower of Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord
- Skilled musician and vocalist with plenty of music experience and experience leading corporate prayer and worship during services
- Ability to coordinate with volunteer musicians and vocalists
- Openness to both traditional and contemporary worship
- You genuinely enjoy junior high schoolers. You have either learned how to rally them around you or you are a natural at it. You relate well with, understand, and enjoy junior high schoolers in a largely secular city context. These are people you can pour into and guide further into the kingdom.
- You are comfortable interacting with their parents.
- You have strong Bible knowledge and Christian foundation and an ability to discern truth and teach the Bible relationally in small groups.
- You know how to build a junior high program from very little. We currently have a small group of students. You know how to recruit or ask people for help so the program can grow.
- You are a self-starter with initiative and passion who independently sets goals and accomplishes them. You like to work on a team, strategize, and then get out and find the people you need and do the work to finish well. You are flexible and can do different things depending on the need.
- Your primary interest in ministry is building people, not preaching in front of them. You enjoy one-on-one discipleship and small group ministry. You want to disciple / develop individual people so they can disciple / develop others.
- You know how to handle and resolve conflict well.
- You submit to leadership and desire to serve and grow. You see people older than you in the faith and welcome the opportunity to learn from them and be guided by them.
- You demonstrate spiritual maturity, wisdom and discernment.
- You have hands-on pastoral or teaching experience. Seminary training or other formal training are a plus but not required.
- Agreement with Evangelical Covenant Church Statement of Faith