Worship & ________ Pastor Job Description
Job Position Summary
We are looking for a Christ-follower who will spend ~50% of their time making disciples through responsibilities relating to worship and the other ~50% striving to make disciples through other ministries at Westmark. Because we are growing congregation with lots of opportunity, this second full-time pastoral staff can craft the second half of their responsibilities around their strengths and passions. Currently, there is opportunity to take over leadership in Missions and Outreach, Christian Education, Family Ministry, Assimilation or a mix of several foci. We have a great culture of volunteerism and service, so for many of these ministries the next growth step is focused leadership.
Responsibilities Pertaining to Worship
- To lead the congregation in worship regularly through music, song, prayer, and scripture reading on Sunday mornings and special events when appropriate (funerals, occasional evening services, etc)
- To develop individuals in our congregation in a biblical theology of worship and in musical skills through weekly rehearsals
- To develop teams by recruiting, training, and empowering volunteers to lead in worship
- To use our building and resources to design an appropriate and beautiful setting for weekly worship
- To lead, instruct, train and develop the Tech Team
- To oversee the production of Sunday mornings for livestreaming and recording
- To manage the budget for areas under the Worship Pastor's supervision
Responsibilities Pertaining to Pastor
- To meet and maintain qualifications of eldership
- To share in holding one another accountable with the elders
- To attend and engage in monthly elder meetings
- To maintain a few meetings per month to engage in pastoral care (sick visit, counseling, home visits, etc.)
- To be involved in a PATH group
- To lead a small group
- Preach several times a year
Additional Job Responsibilities Options
This would entail creating/maintaining systems for integrating people into our congregation. It would also include an emphasis on communication of events and church movement. How can we encourage the next step? How can we teach to change? What can we do to improve involvement?
- Christian Education or Family Ministries
This would entail overseeing/developing our volunteers as teachers and managing the curriculum for our Sunday schools, youth programs, and specialty programs (conferences, events, etc.).
Family ministry would have a similar design but a higher emphasis on small groups, counseling, and volunteer development.
- Missions and Outreach
This would entail leading and guiding the missions board as y'all would set the budget, build relationships, and plan for how to be involved with our missionaries. This responsibility would also include working with our Community Outreach Team and service projects, evangelistic opportunities, and being positively involved in the surrounding communities.
- Averaging 50 hours a week
- $50,000 Salary
- 2 weeks paid vacation
1. Check out our church and beliefs at WestmarkChurch.com to get an idea if you are a good fit.
2. Send an email to Apply@WestmarkChurch.com introducing yourself. Please include:
a. A cover letter
b. A resume (including references)
c. 1 or more video recordings of you actively leading worship for a group of people. Ideally, these will showcase your ability as a musician and as a leader in a church setting.