The Well church has been praying for the person God has prepared to join our team to lead the worship ministry. During those prayer times, God has begun painting a picture of you and it becomes a bit clearer each day. You are someone who loves Jesus so much that your worship is not something you do but who you are. You see, hear and are amazed by God each day as He continues to make Himself real to you. You have been leading worship as part of a team and have experienced a great deal of spiritual growth that has matured you into a leader. Although you love where you are, you are feeling God's pull to lead others down a similar journey you have been traveling. This journey has made you realize that God moves through ordinary people who are willing to let an extraordinary God work through them. Because of this, you want to be part of building a culture that develops people to live out our dad's family business of bringing His kingdom to our world. God has shaped your heart in such a way that you get great joy and fulfillment through seeing people awaken to God's view of themselves and this world. This fulfillment is fueled by your willingness to equip people to live out the calling God has on their lives. To do this, you have a strong sense of where God is taking you and the ministry you lead. As you lead, you love to invite people as they are into the vision and challenge them to not stay where they are but be moved toward what God has in store for them.
You are looking for a place to flourish. You are looking for a place where helping people bring the life that Jesus offers into their life is the priority over numerical growth. This place must not think they have arrived because you want to partner with other people to build something. You need to be in lock step with their essential beliefs. However, there needs to be a sense of open handedness with many of the non-essential things. This place needs to be more about leading a movement than building a monument. Creativity and innovation have to not only be welcomed but seen as an essential part of the culture. Because, we are made in the image of a creative God who sees and operates outside of any box. If only you can find a place that seeks to function more like a family on mission than a place to come and work. This family would be made up of old crazy uncles and wise grandparents who seek to love on and pour into the next generations. This family would be made up of siblings and cousins who seek to welcome in new family members with joy, love and support for what ever life's journey throws at them. All the while, everyone in this family would be focused on living out God's family mission according to their gifting rather than preconceived expectations. You would love to join a place where you can take your love for worship, your technical expertise and creative communication and give it to other people through training and deploying people to fill their calling.
Job Type: Full Time
Core Ministry Area: Worship Arts
Reports To: Lead Pastor
The Worship Arts Director will be responsible to produce all worship services and special programs. The senior pastor sets the subject matter and overall direction, the Worship Arts Director will oversee and coordinate all the details that a service encompasses.
- Plan and direct all activities to facilitate the congregation's participation in authentic worship
- Schedule, develop, and mentor volunteer instrumentalists, vocalists and technology team
- Recruit new team members from the congregation as well as the greater Livingston County area
- Further the spiritual formation of the members of the worship team
- Lead the online presence of The Well Church
- Develop/oversee graphic arts design and video production
- Plan and produce major special programs throughout the year
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings and staff development times
- Develop an annual ministry plan and budget for the Worship and Technology Teams
- A mature and growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel
- A passion to see others come to a saving faith in Christ and grow in their love and knowledge of Him
- Alignment and agreement with The Well's mission, beliefs and values
- Proven leadership skills
- Possesses a high level of musicianship