1. Planning our weekly Sunday 10:30 am Sanctuary Worship service. Choosing congregational music (traditional and contemporary music) that engages the congregation in worship and prayer and supports the reading and preaching of God's Word. Doing or delegating all the logistical work involved in the Sanctuary Worship Service, including all media (slides, videos, recording, etc.) that will be used.) NOTE: Much of the planning, communicating, and preparing can be done remotely (email, cloud based planning documents and AV presentation software, etc.)
2. Modeling and leading heartfelt worship in a relational style that draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to Jesus.
3. Recruiting, auditioning, teaching, and training musicians in the church to serve the congregation with musical skill and humility. (Choir, Praise Band, accompanist(s), soloists and small group musicians, etc.)
4. Leading weekly choir rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: (A) preparation to lead in worship on Sunday and (B) cultivating fruitful disciples and Christ-centered community among the musicians.
5. Building on our legacy of quality, quantity, and variety of music and casting a vision for where God might be calling our congregation and our musicians to grow in new expressions of worship.
6. Serving as a member of the Olivet ministry team and demonstrating commitment to the congregation and its purpose.
NOTE: Compensation is set from $20-23,000 for 12 hours per week.