Full Time Worship Leader
Crossroads Church of Custer
Worship Leader Requirements
1. A heart for worship that is evident in the individual's life through prayer, study, singing and teaching.
2. Commitment to a balance of contemporary, blended and traditional worship styles and formats.
3. High degree of proficiency with vocals as the lead for the rest of the worship team. Also, the ability to play an instrument and help other musicians with their musical parts.
4. The ability to effectively recruit, train, organize and lead a group of qualified volunteers, vocalists, instrumentalists and technicians.
5. The ability to disciple the worship team on a weekly basis through worship mentoring, accountability, pastoral care and prayer.
6. The ability to confront difficult situations and personalities in a Christ-like manner.
Areas of Responsibility
1. Weekly worship service planning, preparation and leading.
2. Preparation of weekly worship presentation graphics.
3. Provide quality sound and video projection.
4. Reporting for CCLI and worship related programs.
5. Assess doctrinal soundness of worship music.
Tasks, Responsibilities and Duties
1. The Worship Leader is responsible to the Crossroads Church Elder Team in ministry partnership and supervised by the Senior Pastor.
2. Oversees and coordinates all aspects of the Worship Ministry.
3. Works with the Senior Pastor to select the songs and format for the Sunday morning worship service.
4. Leads the Worship Team in weekly practice each week in preparation for worship service.
5. Leads the Sunday morning worship service.
6. Coordinates with any guest musicians for special music.
7. Recruits and auditions volunteers for the worship team, to include vocalists and instrumentalists.
8. Oversees the completed set up of the worship stage in advance of any worship service and practice.
9. Schedules a substitute worship leader for the occasional times the worship leader has to be absent.
10. Teaches the congregation and worship team principles of worship.
11. Attends annual worship leader seminars/training, as opportunities arise. Travel and seminar fees will be funded by Crossroads church.
1. Ultimately responsible to oversee the audio and online streaming volunteers.
2. Oversees equipment maintenance and upgrades as required.
3. Submits requests for cost items to the Deacons for budget consideration.
Secondary Additional Duties
1. Maintain office supplies and equipment.
2. Organize and distribute monthly church calendar.
3. Keep accurate church database and membership records.
4. Process church correspondence, including postal mail, email and social media.
5. Help maintain and keep current church website and social media pages.
6. Coordinate scheduling of weddings, funerals and baptisms.
1, Lead small youth group in meetings and activities in coordination with Senior Pastor and help from church volunteers.
1, Organize and lead church missions team to provide recommendations to the Elder team on support for local, regional and global ministries.
Results Based Service Performance Standard
The Worship Leader's primary job requires planning and leading professional quality worship for each weekly worship service. Worship service planning may be done in combination in the Worship Leader's home office or in the Crossroads Church building. The Worship Leader's secondary job is church administration, student ministry and missions team.
1. The Worship Leader is responsible to the Elder Team of Crossroads Church and is supervised by the Senior Pastor.
2. The Worship Leader will attend Elder Team meetings as needed.