LOVE GOD, LOVE OTHERS, MAKE DISCIPLES
Part-time Worship Leader
CHURCH SUMMARY: Located in Central New Jersey, about half way between New York City and Philadelphia, Jackson Baptist Church (JBC) is a multi-generational and multi-ethnic congregation that wishes to maintain a blended worship style, with a mix of hymns and contemporary praise and worship, led in a way which honors Jesus Christ and glorifies God.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The part-time worship leader will lead the Sunday morning praise and worship and grow the music ministry at JBC. This person reports directly to the Preaching/Teaching Pastor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Continue to grow and mature in Christ as a godly person of integrity. Have a strong sense of calling and identity in Christ. Demonstrate leadership in being able to disciple those in his/her sphere of influence.
2. Provide leadership, vision and passion in the area of music worship ministries that are in line with the overall vision, purpose and mission of JBC.
3. Create and lead a well-planned and engaging Sunday morning worship and praise. This includes leading the Sunday morning praise and worship, recruiting and developing new members of the worship team and scheduling vocalists and musicians for special music. Responsibilities include preparation for and leading rehearsals, as well as consulting with the Preaching/Teaching Pastor to coordinate the music for the Sunday services. A working knowledge of Planning Center is a plus.
4. Be proficient in leading worship with a strong vocal ability. Being able to lead worship with a guitar and/or keyboard is a plus, but not a requirement.
6. Assist in planning, implementing and leading worship music for special events outside of Sunday worship services.
7. Be in full agreement of our statement of faith and join the membership of JBC upon hiring.
8. Having a familiarity with Media Shout, Pro-Presenter, Song Select and PowerPoint is a plus.
9. It is anticipated that the duties associated with this position will take approximately 20 hours per week.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES: Please submit your resume, including 3 references, to the following email address. firstname.lastname@example.org Please use "Attention Worship Leader Search Committee" as the subject line of your email. Also, please include links to any social media platforms to which you post, blog, or post photos. Thank you. www.jacksonbaptist.org