Ministry: Part Time Worship Leader
Ministry in a Sentence:
Inspire and develop worship team(s) that worship and thus bring the church into engaging and meaningful worship.
Qualifications: Profess and Practice...
1. faith in Jesus Christ that is evident in a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
2. commitment to and enthusiasm for personal worship
3. commitment to moral purity.
4. commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of Menchville Church.
5. relational skills and enthusiasm for leading a large church in worship.
6. skill in vocal and instrumental direction.
7. skill in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
8. mindset of a self-starter
9. positive attitude with strong communication skills,
10. spirit of perseverance, enthusiasm, and a willingness to work in a team-oriented atmosphere.
11. creativity of an artist adventurer who consistently demonstrates a bold, enthusiastic and loving spirit.
Responsibilities: Be a team leader who...
1. establishes and models a vision for worship, spiritual growth, and organization through relationships with the worship team and the church family.
2. maintains an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, and fellowship.
3. develops relationships with unbelievers so as to be personally effective in pursuing the Great Commission and helping the church to do the same.
4. builds the core worship team(s) committed to effective worship
5. plans the corporate worship services in consultation with the Worship Coordinator with prayer, conceptual forethought, and theological accuracy.
6. directs all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate authentic worship in services.
7. engages the worship team in worship training enhanced by other ministries, books, and conferences.
8. builds contacts and relationships with local musicians, studios, and churches for both evangelistic and staffing purposes.
9. establishes annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with the MBC vision and then evaluates how those goals were attained or modified during the year.
Monthly worship planning team
Sunday contemporary worship
Special services: ex. - Christmas Eve, combined worship services
Weekly staff meetings
Worship team practice
Worship training events
Believe the best
Bring solutions, not problems
Set the spiritual thermostat
Talk positively about the family
Work as a team
The applicant must provide excellent references that can testify to his/her skills, leadership ability and character.
John Hutchinson, Personnel Chair
Menchville Baptist Church, 248 Menchville Rd. Newport News VA 23602