Unity Community Church
Category: Worship Leader
Time Type: Full Time
Unity Community Church is a Bible-believing, evangelical, and community-focused church that resides within the Presbyterian denomination. We are located in Plum, Pennsylvania (a borough in the Eastern suburbs of Pittsburgh). We believe that God has created each person with a purpose, and we want to learn more about the plans of God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for our lives. Unity Community Church is seeking a passionate and spiritually mature individual to serve as our worship pastor, overseeing the music ministry of the church. We see the role of worship pastor as essential to the vision, discipleship, and spiritual growth of our congregation. The worship pastor will report to the senior pastor and work together to provide meaningful worship experiences. The worship pastor is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing a vision for leading the church in true and engaging worship.
1. Organize and lead worship for traditional and contemporary Sunday services, facilitating an environment for people to enter into the presence of God.
2. Create a biblical, engaging worship experience for Sunday services, youth programming, special events, and community outreach.
3. Oversee all music programs of the church in consultation with the senior pastor regarding sermon topics, seasonal themes and theology of worship.
4. Schedule and lead weekly rehearsals.
5. Responsible for spiritual mentorship of worship team members.
6. Expand and maintain music library and licensing requirements.
7. Share in preaching and teaching duties as needed on an occasional basis.
8. Attend conferences and seminars to deepen theological and practical understanding of worship.
9. Work directly with the Technical and Communications Director to communicate vision, coordinate weekly services, and to gain working knowledge of technical elements utilized in Sunday services.
· Spiritually, relationally, and emotionally healthy, having a mature relationship with Jesus Christ.
· A true worshipper in private as well as public life.
· Humble heart that is able to balance musical excellence with pastoral care for team members.
· Familiar with and passionate about both traditional and contemporary church music.
· Able to develop and integrate various worship team members who are coming from varying musical backgrounds.
· At least two years experience serving as a worship pastor. Seminary degree or theological training is a plus.
· This is a full-time position.
· The salary and benefits package will include competitive salary based upon training and experience, health insurance for the employee and employee's family, retirement contributions and paid vacation time.
Our members and attenders have diverse backgrounds - former Catholics, Assembly of God, Non-denominational, mainline churches, etc. We recently participated in a Holy Cow Consulting survey process which identified the need of a worship pastor. Our congregation values worship and has placed a high priority on the worship experience.