Category: Combined Positions
Posted on: July 19, 2019
Those interested should send a letter of interest and resume to: heartlandlexsearch@gmail_noemail
This position is a dual role position to provide servant leadership to two significant and growing ministries at Heartland while also being a part of the team helping to move the church into its future growth and kingdom success. As the church continues to grow, it is possible that this position could b_noemaile two distinct positions. The goal of the worship team is to magnify the Lord while leading others to do the same through excellence, authenticity, and example. The goal of Student Ministry at Heartland (Middle and High School) is to work in conjunction with parents and volunteers to build followers of Jesus, equipping them to make disciples of others while living missionally.
The person serving in this role will have administrative support from office staff, the resource of a paid youth/worship intern, access to a professional worship leader/team coach, and very solid/experienced volunteers serving in each of these ministry areas.
The pastor/director of worship and youth will report to the Lead Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance and is ultimately accountable to Elder Board. The Lead Pastor will provide an annual evaluation of the Youth Pastor's performance, based on an agreed Ministry Action Plan.
Be the primary leader in developing and carrying out_noemailpelling worship experiences while working in conjunction with the lead pastor in planning the overall worship service. Key action steps toward success will include:
- Music /team planning
- Tech oversight
- Weekly duties including leading some rehearsals
- Team member development
- Participation as a part of the overall team/leadership of the church.
In conjunction with the other ministries and leaders at Heartland, oversee a_noemailprehensive ministry to our students anchored in engaging worship, small group relationships, leader development, and partnership with parents. Key actions steps toward success will include:
- Discipling students and young adults into a personal relationship with God in both large group and smaller relational environments.
- Building a team of passionate adult youth leaders to help mentor and disciple the youth.
- Challenging the students and young adults to respond to God's call to serve in their_noemailmunities and world.
- Supporting and assisting parents in the process of discipling their youth.
- Equipping the current students to share the Gospel with their friends.
- Working with the Missions Team to provide opportunities to put faith into action.
Other Considerations / Responsibilities:
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a strong teamwork mentality.
- Attend all weekly Staff Meetings as well as any other regularly scheduled meetings.
- Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all student ministry settings.
- Other duties / opportunities as requested and assigned by the Lead Pastor.