Hope City Church in Brooklyn, New York, is seeking an innovative, passionate and skilled individual to guide, plan and facilitate a comprehensive, yet creative, Christian education ministry for children, tweens and youth ages 5-17. Hope City places a special emphasis on disciplining the younger generation in order to lay the foundation for their development as future church and community leaders. Our goal in working with this age group is to "Develop Disciples who Develop Disciples" as they progress to adulthood.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and forward-thinking individual to further develop and lead a sustainable Christian education program. The ideal candidate will have a heart for urban youth outreach and cross-cultural ministry work, while excelling at promoting and implementing an engaging discipleship model for young people that can also be replicated within the broader congregation.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
* Direct, coordinate and evaluate all Christian education programming for the children, tweens and youth ministries of the church
* Oversee the recruitment, training and development of children's youth and tweens ministry volunteers, including creating a new leader training and orientation program
* Develop, identify and assess the overall effectiveness of the church's Christian education curriculum in collaboration with the Christian education team leaders
* Develop new and cutting-edge ministry programs designed to aid in the faith development of children, tweens, and integrate Christian education and formation into the greater life of the church
* Provide staff leadership for the church's Christian education ministry, ensuring that the ministry is in alignment with the church's vision of "developing disciples who develop disciples to change the World"
* Collaborate and coordinate with the pastoral and program staff and relevant ministry teams to deliver a comprehensive disciple training program for church staff, lay leaders and congregational members
* Plan, coordinate and lead community outreach ministries for children, tweens, youth and families
* Assist the senior pastor in preaching and teaching or staffing pulpit on youth emphasis Sunday mornings; leading youth Bible Study and conducting congregational care with youth and families.
* Serve as liaison between Christian education team and marketing agency to ensure all programs are effectively marketed to children, youth & young adults, families and congregation
* Prepare and monitor the Christian education budget and ensure that all materials and supplies are obtained and maintained for the various programs related to Christian education
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
* Bachelors required; masters in theological field, education and/ or social services preferred
* 3–5 years of ministry experience working with children, youth and/or young adults
* A sense of a call and passion for working with children, youth and young adults
* An ability to build solid relationships with children, youth, young adults and families by providing spiritual guidance, mentorship and support
* Shares the vision, philosophy of ministry, core values and commitments of Hope City
* Desire to encourage multigenerational fellowship
* Strong team building, administrative and leadership development skills with a foundation in Biblical doctrine and application
* Proven innovator and ability to successfully launch new ministry programs and activities
* Ability to incorporate a friendly, enthusiastic and flexible leadership style in work with ministry staff, students and parents
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Must successfully complete background check and ensure compliance with all church, federal and state guidelines that pertain to child safety and protection
* We are seeking an individual to live in the Greater New York City area as this position is in person with hybrid in office and work from home opportunities
Salary Range for this position is $46,000 - $60,000 annually, depending upon education, skills, and experience.