Energetic Experienced Full-Time Youth Minister Needed
St John Baptist Church, located in Columbia, MD, is currently seeking a Youth Minister to join our team on a full-time basis. St John Baptist Church is a spirit filled organization and we require an experienced forward thinking Youth Minister that can keep up with our fast moving pace. Our congregation is currently topping out at around 1800 members of which @ 248 fall between the ages of 5 and 18.
Purpose: To serve the church by developing, managing, coordinating and administering an effective, comprehensive and expanding ministry to children, pre-teens and teens of the church and community. He or she will also provide leadership to and supervision of volunteer staff involved in this ministry area.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
1. Provide direct pastoral care to young people (e.g. visitation and one-on-one and/or family care).
2. Focus on the youth ministry system and determine what systemic changes need to be made.
3. Present the Word of God to our youth in a manner that they can relate to. (Tell them how they can apply Christian principles to their everyday lives and show them how they can make a difference in the world.)
4. Lead, plan and develop through a team a creative program for children, youth, pre-teens and teens.
5. Lead, plan, develop, oversee, and coordinate, through a team, activities for children, youth and teens in the church and community to promote fun, fellowship, spiritual development and ministry involvement.
Relevant Work Experience:
1. Prefer 2-5 years' experience working in Youth Education/Ministry in a medium to large size church.
2. Proven ability to communicate effectively with both young people and senior church leadership.
3. Ability to develop and implement vision, strategy and programs for young people.
4. Good written and verbal skills, able to articulate and represent the church internally and externally.
5. Proficiency in technology tools and social media in order to connect to young people.
6. Demonstrated ability to relate well and work well with other pastoral staff and leadership.
7. Demonstrated commitment to honoring leadership (Hebrews 13:17, 1 Thessalonians 5:12–13).
8. Be in agreement and compliance with the Baptist articles of faith and be able to heartily support the doctrinal statement of St John Baptist Church.
9. Successfully developed and implemented systems, policies and standard operating procedures.
This is an extremely short version of the position description due to the posting limitations. Please visit the About Us section of our website at www.stjohnbaptistchurch.org to view the position description in full or view the attached position description.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates meeting the requirements in the position description and having the experience required will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.