| TEACHING PASTOR|
Community Bible Church
Mt. Vernon, Iowa
Community Bible Church (CBC) was founded in 1987 and is located near Mount Vernon, IA, approximately ten miles outside Cedar Rapids. CBC is an elder-led, nondenominational, evangelical church of approximately 150 people. Our motto is "Building up the body, reaching out to neighbors and nations", which reflects our reason to exist as a church, which is to Glorify God, to declare His glory among the nations and draw attention to God in all His greatness. As such, the gospel is precious to us and it is our conviction that believers must have a clear understanding and deep personal appreciation of the gospel in order to live in the goodness of His amazing grace.
We are seeking an experienced servant leader, with the passion and skill to provide the spiritual leadership needed to carry out the church's mission and vision. This person will have experience and ability to help refine/define a strategic plan to fulfill the church's purpose and vision. He will also have strong communication and leadership skills, the ability to clearly expound spiritual truth from the Scriptures, a track record for developing new leaders, a passion for reaching people for Christ, and a proven ability to motivate others to be a part of God's redemptive work.
The primary responsibility of the Teaching Pastor is to, along with the elders and deacons, carry out the church's purpose and vision, while focusing on God's Word and prayer to help build up the body for service and mission. The following are some of the means to accomplish this task:
1. An effective ministry of preaching and teaching the Word of God
with excellent communication skills
2. Integration of worship in the Word with worship in song
3. Develops and encourages small group ministry
4. Oversee and develops ministries that meet the needs of the
congregation and the community for the purpose of proclaiming Christ
5. Works closely with the elder/deacon team to develop leadership
for the church and church ministries.
6. Works closely with the elders to shepherd the congregation
Biblically, emotionally, and spiritually to promote individual
spiritual maturity and unity within the body.
7. Passionately pursues a team atmosphere/oneness, caring for
other staff members/pastor(s) along with elders/deacons.
1. The successful candidate must have a high view of scripture:
The Bible is the inspired Word of God
It is without error in the original manuscripts
It contains the total revelation of God to man
It is sufficient for counseling, training, teaching,
and equipping followers of Christ
2. The primary qualifications for the position of Teaching Pastor are
those found in scripture for teacher or elder. (1 Tim. 3:1–7 and
Titus 1:5–9) – we are seeking a man who is married, preferably with
3. Is in complete agreement with the CBC Constitution and
4. Prefer a seminary graduate, (MDIV or equivalent)
5. Has a minimum of 3-5 years of pastoral service including
6. Models the humility and servant attitude of Christ with a
The salary and benefits for this position will be dependent on the experience and qualifications of the person to be hired. A general financial package will be made available prior to an interview. A specific financial package will be made available prior to an invitation to candidate.
Please send cover letter, resume, testimony and sample audio message link to: