Job DescriptionóLead Pastor
Principle Function: The Lead Pastor is responsible to the church to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to preach the biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care ministries, to provide leadership in all areas of church life, and to act as the lead administrator of the paid and/or called staff.
He should be open to the Lordís leading, serve and equip the flock, witness with the purpose of saving the lost and making disciples, love people and love the Triune God in Heaven.
The Lead Pastor will be accountable to the Scriptures and the Elders.
1. He shall fulfill the qualifications found in Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
2. He shall fulfill the admonitions found in 1 Peter 5:1-4
3. He shall give himself daily to personal study of the Word of God and to prayer (Acts 6:1-4)
4. He shall submit himself for accountability to his fellow elders (Hebrews 13:7, 17)
5. He shall agree with the Doctrinal Statement of First Christian Church
1. Shepherd the flock (Acts 20:28, 1 Peter 5:2)
2. Preach and teach the Word of God and give himself to serious and comprehensive study of God's Word (2 Timothy 4:1-5)
3. Lead and administrate the church staff and meet weekly with the church staff.
4. Prayerfully plan the weekly Sunday worship services, along with the Associate Pastor(s).
5. Coordinate and prayerfully plan Bible studies.
6. Regularly meet with the Elders for prayer and sharing
7. Attend monthly accountability meetings with designated Elder(s).
8. Attend the annual Leadership Retreat.
9. Serve as a member of the First Christian Church Board.
10. Provide a written report for each board meeting.
11. Serve as an ex-officio member of all church committees.
12. Regularly minister to the needs of the congregation as a Servant Leader.
13. Provide sound Biblical counseling and/or direction to individuals.
14. Seek to equip the saints to do the work of ministry and to edify the Body of Christ (Ephesians 4:11).
15. Prepare and perform/assist with weddings, funerals and baptisms.
16. Have a servantís heart.