Kentwood Community Church
Category: Senior Pastor
Posted on: April 01, 2019
Kentwood Community Church is prayerfully seeking the next person God will call as a disciple-making, leader-raising, Christ follower to serve in the role of Lead Pastor.
Kentwood Community Church (KCC) is a multiethnic, multigenerational, multi-site Wesleyan Church averaging 1700 attendees each weekend. The main campus of KCC is located in Kentwood, Michigan, a suburb of Grand Rapids. Grand Rapids, Michigan's second largest city is located equidistant from Detroit and Chicago. A second campus of KCC is located 7 miles away in the neighboring city of Wyoming, Michigan. A third campus is located in Nagpur, India.
The greater Grand Rapids area is home to approximately 1,000,000 residents with about 50,000 living in the City of Kentwood. Kentwood is uniquely diverse in the ethnic, racial and socioeconomic backgrounds of its residents. KCC intentionally strives to reflect the_noemailmunity in which it is located.
The West Michigan area has a vibrant cultural_noemailmunity, a number of colleges and universities, as well as multiple growing industries. County Parks and natural areas are abundant and allow residents numerous opportunities to connect with nature. KCC is located 10 miles from downtown Grand Rapids and only 30 miles from the beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline. Grand Rapids boasts a thriving and progressive downtown area with an abundance of restaurants and state of the art medical care.
KCC is a member of the Wesleyan denomination and was founded in 1979. We are a healthy congregation of believers who engage in the local_noemailmunity through a variety of ministry areas. In addition to local outreach, KCC has a rich history of being a sending church, launching leaders and supporting church planting around the world.
Full-Time Position: Lead Pastor
Responsible to: Local Board of Administration
Direct Reports: Executive Pastor, Lead Pastor Assistant and Campus Pastors
Scope of Position: The Lead Pastor acts as the visionary leader of the pastoral staff and the chief executive officer at Kentwood Community Church. The Lead Pastor serves as the spiritual shepherd, teacher, and administrator of the church. He or she preaches the Word, directs worship, and administers the sacraments and ordinances. The Lead Pastor ensures that healthy systems for evangelism, discipleship, leadership development,_noemailpassionate care and stewardship are in place. The Lead Pastor aspires to live as a disciple-making, leader-raising, Christ follower, who multiplies healthy multiethnic congregations.
- Preaches instructive, Bible-centered, and challenging messages
- Empowers KCC staff and congregation to use their gifts and skills for kingdom impact
- Builds a_noemailwork of relationships with other_noemailmunity leaders and_noemailanizations to impact the_noemailmunity
- Designs specific strategies to grow all KCC sites in areas such as evangelism, missions, discipleship, financial growth, attendance, salvations, baptisms, and multiethnic understanding
- Casts vision in personal, group, and congregational settings and creates measurable goals to fulfill the vision
- Participates in the worship planning process
- Acts as Chair of the Local Board of Administration (LBA) and routinely meets with the Vice-Chair of the LBA
- Invests in the spiritual growth and development of the LBA members, staff and lay leaders through teaching, discussions, prayer, and accountability sessions
- Develops an annual plan to lead the congregation forward in the KCC vision and mission
- Invests in lifelong spiritual and academic learning
- Communicates and collaborates with the Executive Pastor, KCC Staff and congregation
- Delegates duties as appropriate
Personal Qualities and Responsibilities:
- Person of integrity
- Seeks God's will in decision making
- Has a passion for evangelism
- Demonstrates a servant's heart
- Maintains a vital and growing walk with the Lord through_noemailmitted personal Bible study, prayer and stewardship
- Values and engages in accountability relationships
- Highly effective_noemailmunicator
- Genuine, authentic and relational with multiple generations and ethnicities
- Able to prioritize key objectives while pursuing multiple goals
- Team builder and_noemailanizer
- Maintains an appropriate work/life balance
- Lifelong learner
- Actively worships with his/her family at the Kentwood campus
- B_noemailes an active member of KCC within 6 months of employment
- If the pastor is married, he/she must demonstrate evidence of a loving and affirming family with a supportive spouse who agrees with the call and participates in the life of the church.
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5/10/19.