REVISED: August 28, 2023
TITLE: Communications Coordinator
TERMS: Support Staff, Part-Time 25-28 hours/week
LOCATION: In-Person at the Church Office
REPORTS TO: Director of Worship & Arts
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for managing communications across multiple platforms and media on behalf of the ministry staff and the church's lay leaders. This individual facilitates worship by preparing bulletins and slides for worship services. The Communications Coordinator manages Westminster's social media presence - including the church's website - and designs and publishes most of our print media. A significant part of this job includes ensuring a cohesive look and feel, and consistent "voice" to church communications. The focus of all this individual does is to lead people to hear the Good News of Jesus.
· A visible, growing love relationship with Jesus. Regular worship attendance plus a consistent time of personal Bible study, devotion, and prayer.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, a high degree of emotional intelligence, and a teachable spirit.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Excellent editorial skills.
· Superior design skills.
· Solid project management, administrative, and organizational skills.
· Thrives when working as a part of a team.
· Takes initiative and works effectively on own.
· Ability to keep the big picture in focus while simultaneously managing minute details.
· Flexible when required to make last minutes changes.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Creative suite (In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator), ProPresenter 7, and the most common social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
· Skilled at website layout and management.
· 2 years directly applicable experience.
· Degree or equivalent experience in Communications a plus.
· Create and edit weekly worship bulletin on time.
· Design slides for worship services and ministry events.
· Propose and shepherd communications strategies for church-wide initiatives.
· Keep website and information on other social media platforms up to date.
· Design readable, eye-catching roadside banners.
· Collaborate with ministry directors to publish weekly email to congregants. Oversee email campaigns.
· Work with ministry directors and lay leaders to create promotional materials, fliers, etc.
· Design, edit, and produce curriculum (Welcome to Westminster, Officer Training, Bible Studies, Communicant's Class, etc.)
· Design videos and slideshows for worship and ministry events.
· Create and implement publicity and publication standards. Train staff and lay leaders on these standards as needed.
· Work alongside the Director of Worship & Arts to develop the annual budget for communications.
· Track communications expenditures to ensure budget targets are met.
· Work with grieving families, Pastor, and Director of Worship & Arts to create funeral bulletins.
· Track and replenish print media supplies.
· Oversee bulk mailings.
· Stay abreast of industry standards.
· Other duties as assigned.