Position Title: Director of Children's Ministry
Position Objective: To provide pastoral leadership to the Children's Ministries of New Hanover United Methodist Church
Along with supporting the church vision and mission as a whole, the mission of Children's Ministries is Establishing a Lifetime with God!
Position Description: The Director of Children's Ministry will advocate for and lead the children's ministries of New Ridge Fellowship as an active member of church staff. While developing an outstanding program for the children which fills them with the Word of God, the director will build and minister to the team of volunteers that it takes to deliver a joyous, nourishing, and safe program for children each week. The Director of Children's Ministry will inspire, equip, and support those who are being called to children's ministry and ensure that they are aware and contribute toward the overall mission. While this position requires strength in both people and administrative skills, it also requires a pastoral heart to shepherd those who are in service to the ministry.
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
2. Commitment to moral purity.
3. Commitment to the mission, vision, and spiritual direction of the church.
4. Love of children and commitment to building their understanding of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
5. Love for those serving the Lord, and commitment to support them as they grow in their own understanding of God's will in their life.
6. Strong team player with a positive attitude.
7. Self starter, requiring little to no supervision of the day-to-day duties within children's ministry.
1. A pastoral heart and overall joy of working with many different people and personalities.
2. Strong belief in God's command to teach and demonstrate His love to His children.
3. Strong relationship and motivational skills to direct and lead both children and a large group of adult volunteers.
4. Ability to serve as a member of church staff and not only advocate for children's ministry, but help direct and oversee decisions for the overall health of the church.
5. Strong leadership and delegation skills to oversee and direct the work of children's ministry.
6. Strong administrative, organization, and interpersonal relationship skills.
7. Strong computer skills and capability to research the growing and changing needs of our faith community.
1. Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, confession, and fellowship.
2. Answer God's call to pastor to those you see in need.
3. Build and strengthen the teams which oversee the needs of children's ministry.
4. Support worship services with quality children's programs which motivate families to attend our church and allow them to grow in their own personal faith.
5. Ensure materials and curriculums are selected, distributed, and available to support the needs of all efforts within children's ministry.
6. Ensure a safe environment for children to learn and thrive.
7. Develop and execute goals which encourage a child to learn more about the Lord as they grow older.
8. Develop and support opportunities to strengthen a child's walk with the Lord as they leave children's ministry and enter into youth.
9. Effectively communicate the plans and mission of the children's ministry.
10. Execute training opportunities both for children's ministry leaders as well as teachers through the use of books, seminars, conferences, and visits to other churches.
11. Recruit and equip new team members being called to children's ministry.
12. Develop a children's ministry budget and oversee its use throughout the year.
13. Establish a mission and goals for children's ministry and seek alignment from both staff and your children's ministry leadership team.
14. Observe and address discipline issues appropriately as they occur.
15. Serve on the Program Staff Team supporting and cooperating with all the ministries of New Ridge Fellowship.
16. Support and secure leadership for an effective Vacation Bible School and oversee VBS week.
Reports to: Senior Pastor