First United Methodist Church Lake Charles
Lake Charles, LA
Category: Christian Music / Christian Musician
Posted on: June 01, 2019
Provisions of Employment
2. Attendance at weekly Administrative Staff Meetings is expected.
3. Regular office hours as agreed upon with your supervisor. Office will be on the 2nd floor of the Pujo Street office building with additional space adjacent to the choir room in the sanctuary building.
1. Reports to the Senior Pastor.
2. As a member of the First United Methodist staff, offers a supportive relationship to the other staff members and pastors.
3. Through the Senior Pastor, relates to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) for guidance and evaluation of effectiveness in fulfilling his/her duties.
4. Interacts with other staff members,_noemailmittees, work teams, and constituencies of the congregation as needed in coordinating activities.
1. Have administrative oversight of adult and youth music programming at FUMC except Contemporary worship.
2. Assist the Senior Pastor in planning the services of worship.
3. Prepare and present appropriate music for traditional worship services.
4. Direct the adult choir that sings for weekly services.
5. Create opportunities to minister to the_noemailmunity through music.
6. Create new music ministry opportunities (e.g.senior citizen choir, men's ensemble, women's ensemble, etc.)
7. Oversee the handbell choirs of the church.
8. Recruit choir members for the music program.
9. Secure paid interns for the adult choir as needed and budget allows.
10. Assist with weddings and funerals as needed.
11. Serve as a resource person to provide music for special programs and activities or be available for consultation to persons who are providing special programs and activities.
12. Present vocal and instrumental soloists and ensembles to enhance the music ministry as funds will permit.
13. Oversee the maintenance care and use of the sanctuary and chapel_noemailans, pianos and handbells.
14. Maintain and develop the church music library, select and order musical materials, instruments and other equipment for use in the program in accordance with the budget.
15. Be informed about United Methodist worship traditions and norms, and use such Methodist materials and publications as may enhance the music program of this congregation.
16. Prepare the annual music budget in consultation with the Business Administrator.
17. Contact members of the choir and other music participants who are ill or in the hospital.
18. Coordinate the music program during periods of absence.
19. Maintain and continually update the_noemailputer records of all choir rosters, and inventories of music libraries and equipment.
20. Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
21. Ensure that the Safe Sanctuary policies and procedures of FUMC are followed in the recruitment of all volunteers and in all program operation.
22. Assess the potential of a youth choir at FUMC and develop a program of appropriate choral training if feasible.
23. The Director of Music Ministries shall choose and present a wide variety of music styles during the church year.
24. Be knowledgeable of and abide by copyright laws relating to copying music.
25. Participate in leadership training and professional growth opportunities.
26. Maintain confidentiality when requested in regard to personnel matters and counseling-type situations.
27.Have a personality/family life and social media presence that upholds the highest values of Christian faith and does not detract from one's own ministry or the ministry of the church.
28. Locate and secure substitute_noemailanist and pianist for absences.
29. Plan a yearly calendar for the traditional music ministry in accordance with the Music Ministry budget, monitoring expenses.
30. Maintain a collaborative relationship with the Contemporary Worship Leader and contemporary worship services.
1. The Director of Music Ministries will serve a 90 day probationary period and will be evaluated every six (6) months until two (2) full years of satisfactory employment is accumulated. If a satisfactory two (2) year evaluation is achieved, there will be annual performance evaluations thereafter.
2. The evaluation_noemailmittee will consist of a member from the Staff-Parish Relations Committee, the Senior Pastor, and any other individuals appointed by the Senior Pastor including a minimum of two current members of the Chancel Choir.
1. Compensation for the Director of Music Ministries will be an amount r_noemailmended by the Staff-Parish Relations Committee, with approval by the church. The starting salary for a Director of Music Ministries is between $25,000 and $40,000_noemailmensurate with experience and qualifications. Exceptional qualifications may merit additional negotiation.
2. This amount shall be reviewed on an annual basis by the SPRC.