The Family Ministries Coordinator will provide a safe, consistent, caring opportunity for children, teens, and adults to encounter God through worship, fellowship, and service.
In cooperation, coordination, collaboration, and consultation with the Pastors, fellow staff, and leaders of all ministries with which s/he is working, the Family Ministries Coordinator will provide oversight, leadership, and organization of all Family Ministries at Hanford First Christian Reformed Church.
The Family Ministries Coordinator must have a heart for service, a passion for children's and family ministries, commitment to the mission, vision, plumb lines, and ministries of Hanford First Christian Reformed Church, and the needs of the surrounding community it serves.
Essential Ministry Responsibilities:
- Oversee current "Family Ministries": Common Ground (high school), MSM (middle school), GEMS (elementary girls), and Cadets (elementary boys), Children's Worship, and Nursery.
- Report to the Pastor of Discipleship weekly
- Attend weekly team (Staff) meetings
- Attend worship at First CRC regularly
Meet with children's ministry leaders and volunteers quarterly to:
- Evaluate the preceding quarter, determine what went well, and what could be done better
- Set SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-bound) goals based upon the evaluation for the next quarter
- Plan and coordinate events for the next quarter
- Track expenses and operate within a budget
Work with the Pastor of Discipleship to ensure all volunteers are properly trained:
- Coordinate with the Office Administrator to ensure all volunteers have completed a background check
- Manage volunteers and create schedules for all Family Ministry volunteers
- Communicate with parents at least quarterly about what is happening in children's ministries
- Ensure lessons, activities, and events of the Family Life Ministries align with the theology, mission, vision, practices, and ministries of Hanford CRC.
- Perform additional reasonable and customary duties and requests associated with ministry.
- Organize and prepare all activities and lessons for Sunday Morning children's worship
- Work with Family Ministry Volunteer leaders on curriculum as needed
- Keep all supplies and activities for events and children's worship stocked and ready for volunteers on Sunday and weekly activities
- Order materials, badges, or uniforms as needed for family ministries
- Create and distribute promotional materials (social media, flyers, postcards, emails) for family ministries' events
- Communicate relevant family ministries' information to the Office Administrator for inclusion in the church bulletin
- Recruit volunteers for family ministries from the church
- Solicit donations for family ministries from the church
- Identify charitable organizations for each youth ministry to partner with each semester for community service projects
- Manage the check-in system for volunteers, parents, and children participating in children's worship
- Maintain or Create appropriate signage for children's worship in the classrooms for kids and signs for children exiting the church
Congregational Life Expectations
- Create promotional materials for the Welcome Center that outline First CRC's Family Ministry opportunities
- Recruit and schedule volunteers for the Welcome Center
- Organize ministry kickoff events up to two times a year
- Assist nursery as needed
- Organize quarterly events for the children of the community and church
- Coordinate with the Worship Pastor/Director and ministry leaders for GEMS and Cadets Sundays
- Organize and lead summer VBS
Collaborate with the Worship Pastor/Director to...
- Organize an annual Christmas program
- Introduce music weekly into children's worship
- Ensure children's worship participants sing quarterly in church