Our Context: South County Community Church is a small congregation of 50 people growing and worshiping together in a rural, waterfront area in Southern Anne Arundel County (SoCo), 30 minutes south of Annapolis, Maryland. We are a member of the Baptist Convention of Maryland/Delaware. SCCC exists to fulfill the Great Commission, bringing the Good News of Jesus to every home in Southern Anne Arundel County.
Mission: South County Community Church is a family that glorifies God by loving and serving the people of Southern Anne Arundel County, bringing to them Jesus' Good News of redemption and helping to multiply other gospel-focused churches.
Leadership Structure: We are an Elder driven church with congregational oversight and vote. Pastor will be the leading Elder and along with the Elder Board oversee the vision, mission, and ministries the Lord has given our church body. We also have Deacons who focus on serving the body and supporting ministries of the church.
To Love God and make knowing Him the highest priority;
To Live Connected lives together in authentic Christian community;
To Give Generously in obedience to God's calling;
To Serve Others by using our God-given gifts;
To Share and Lift Jesus to reconcile all to God through Him
Primary Responsibilities of the Lead/Senior Pastor:
- Have complete oversight of all ministries of the church
- Preach a bible-based sermon faithfully each week
- Be instrumental in developing programs for ministry
- Serve on the Elder Board working in unity to assess, evaluate and develop organizational structure & plans for all areas of ministry
- Meet regularly with Elder Board, Deacons, Ministry Leaders and Committees as needed
- Coordinate staff plans by meeting regularly (monthly) with staff
- Participate in church-wide corporate outreach events (4th of July Parade, Eggstravaganza, Church Picnic, etc)
- Be accountable to the Lord and the congregation
- Participate in the broader community life of SCCC
- Greet and follow up with visitors of the church
Character Qualities and Traits for Candidate for the Senior Pastor position:
- Be a Godly, Servant Leader
- Be a Person of Integrity, Spiritual and Moral character and lifestyle, consistent with the biblical requirements
- Be a Leader of People who has the ability to work with others and listen to new ideas
- Be an encourager
- Be family oriented, have a priority for his family relationships and the church families
Professional Qualities for Candidate for the Senior Pastor position:
- Preferably a Seminary Graduate
- Have experience supporting all ministry age groups in the church
- Possess strong preaching/communication skills
- Be in concurrence with the Mission and doctrinal statements of South County Community Church
- Have a heart for Evangelism and Missions, both locally and globally
- Be focused on developing mature believers within the church
- Have a vision and heart for Christian ministries and help disciple and equip the saints for ministry
Spiritual Qualities for Candidate for the Senior Pastor position:
- Have a strong personal walk and devotional life with the Lord Jesus Christ (born-again)
- Be committed to continuous spiritual growth in his own life
- Be a person of routine prayer and devoted to regular prayer for the congregation
- Model faith & trust in God
- Demonstrate Christ-like character and encourage a church culture that increasingly embodies Christ's example
- Be teachable and adaptable
- Have a Shepherd's heart, shepherding the congregation according to Biblical principles and requirements
- Be hospitable, friendly and approachable
- Be compassionate, a good listener, conscientious and faithful interpreter of the scripture
Terms: This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with the responsibilities of the position and the experience of the candidate. Benefits will be included. How to apply: Candidates interested in applying, should submit a letter of introduction (not to exceed one page), a current resume, and a list of three references to the Pastor Search Committee, via email only (we are not accepting paper applications). Pastor Search Committee email is: SCCCpastorsearch@yahoo.com. Be sure to include accurate contact information including phone and email. Also, please include your marital status in the application. Lastly, you may attach a video or link to recent sermons you have given.
Used by churches all over the world to help teach worship, the Experiencing Worship study can help your worship team too.
Your team will learn why we worship and gain a better understanding of how to worship.
One user said..."Your 5 week study course has made a tremendous impact on my life in the study of worship... I would like to express my thanks for a well written study course that leads into a higher realm of praise and worship."