St. Joseph Parish, Appleton, WI, a growing and we_noemailing Catholic_noemailmunity with a well-established music program is seeking a skilled and experienced pianist_noemailanist to lead our weekend Masses.
Our music ministry consists of an adult choir and several talented volunteer musicians and cantors who enjoy sharing their gifts at Mass and other special parish events. Our music style is eclectic; ranging from traditional to contemporary and our tempo is always lively and upbeat!
In addition to playing at Mass, a key responsibility of the Music Minister is to promote, coordinate and continue to grow our vibrant music program.
Primary Duties Include:
- Provide and/or schedule music at all weekend Masses, Holy Days and funeral liturgies.
- Rehearse with vocalists and instrumentalists as needed and conduct weekly cantor rehearsals.
- Meet with wedding couples and assist with music selections if needed, and provide resources for couples looking to retain wedding musicians.
- Plan all music for Masses and Holy Days in advance, and distribute music to cantors and instrumentalists in a timely manner.
- Schedule cantors and music ensembles for all Masses.
- Lead Adult choir (September-May). Conduct weekly Thursday evening rehearsals.
- Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings and other collaborative meetings with staff members.
- Recruit volunteer musicians and new choir members.
- Other administrative duties as needed.