Position Type: Part-Time (Avg. 20hrs per week) / Contract
Salary: Negotiable, based on experience
Music Minister Responsibilities:
1. The Music Minister will be under the direction of an assigned Pastor.
2. The Music Minister will meet regularly/weekly with the assigned Pastor, church staff and other key leaders in the Music Ministry.
3. Vacation Days will be coordinated with the assigned Pastor.
1. Plan, organize and lead the ministry of music working in concert with the pastor to develop and coordinate music for worship following Lutheran theology and the church calendar. Recommend and incorporate worship service music that supports sermon series themes, liturgical seasons and special events.
2. Work with the pastoral staff and volunteers through teamwork and mutual support to ensure that appropriate congregational and special music are provided for all regular worship services, special services and other programs as needed.
3. Lead the Sanctuary Choir, small groups, soloists and Trinity Handbells in worship services and cultivate the musical gifts of all participants.
4. Encourage and lead the development of additional choral music and/or instrumental groups within the congregation. Encourage and recruit members of the congregation to offer their musical gifts in the service of Christ and the church in a variety of ways.
5. Encourage and lead the Sanctuary Choir and instrumental groups to present occasional larger choral works for seasonal and special occasions.
6. Encourage congregational singing as an essential part of worship and as resources permit, encourage and participate in the development of other musical activities as a means of Christian fellowship and congregational outreach.
7. Administer the music ministry program effectively, manage the content of our website by suppling timely updates to the webmaster and arrange for a suitable substitute as needed.
8. Attend staff and committee meetings to provide professional guidance and assist in planning to ensure a high quality music ministry program.
9. Recruit volunteers to lead, assist or provide instrumental accompaniment for all services and musical group activities and schedule guest musicians.
10. Plan and oversee the budget for the music ministry program. Evaluate, select and purchase or secure choral music for Sanctuary worship services representing a w