POSITION OPENING FOR SENIOR PASTOR
OAK PARK COMMUNITY CHURCH
12050 ABERDEEN ST. NE
BLAINE, MN 55449
Oak Park Community Church (OPCC) was established in 1985 and is "a church in the heart of the_noemailmunity with the_noemailmunity at heart." We were founded on the principles of God's word with John 4:35 and Colossians 2:7 as guiding verses. Average attendance on Sunday mornings is approximately 140 people over two services. Our mid-week service includes an active Awana program with an average of 75 clubbers from the Blaine_noemailmunity. Blaine is a stable, attractive_noemailmunity of 64,000 located in the north metro area of Minneapolis/ St. Paul. It is the home of the National Sports Center Olympic Training facility which features year-round top level sporting events. OPCC has developed with the challenge to reach people for Jesus Christ and then to grow in Him. For additional information about our church, please visit our website at www.oakparkonline_noemail.
The desired qualifications listed below were drafted after much prayer and meditation on scripture passages, namely – I Timothy chapter 3 and Titus chapter 1.
FOCUS AND EMPHASIS OF MINISTRY
1) Presentation of the word of God through inspiring Biblical preaching/teaching. Messages should be instructive, challenging and motivating with emphasis on practical applications of God's word and ultimately making disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.
2) A heart for the people of the church. Ability to provide Biblical counseling and direction to families and individuals – guiding them with the use of scripture as the primary source of instruction.
QUALITIES AND ABILITIES
1) Able to lead, equip and motivate people.
2) Ability to work well within a team.
3) Be an encourager and servant-leader.
4) Have the ability to shepherd all ages.
5) Be creative in a variety of ways to make the teaching about God our Savior attractive to all.
6) Ability to be transparent and open in order to relate to people.
7) Have the courage to rebuke/impose church discipline.
8) Have experience in a church/ministry.
Position is full-time with salary being negotiable based on experience. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume to oakparkpastorsearch@gmail_noemail.