Reports to: Senior Pastor
Peers with: Senior Pastor, LMT, Deacons
Primary character/chemistry/competency required:
· Elder qualified as per I Tim 3 and Titus 1
· Vital growing relationship with Christ
· Shows love for all people of the church
· Biblical philosophy of ministry in sync with the "know grow go" model of the church. Able to function well with staff.
· Management: Maintains effective systems of internal controls to account for all receipts and expenditures of funds. Manages church funds to maximize the earnings under the federal regulations, and develops options available to the LMT.
· Job Knowledge: Understands the technical aspects of managing a nonprofit organization; provides advice to FBC Venice LMT, senior pastor, and staff, directly and/or solicits guidance from experts. Understands the duties and responsibilities of the position and keeps job knowledge up-to-date. Clearly understands the mission of FBCVenice and continuously works to promote FBC Venice and achieve its goals.
· Initiative in fulfilling the goals of the organization: From interactions with attendees, members, leadership and other churches in the community, the executive pastor recognizes and brings to the attention of the senior pastor, issues that affect the organization, and implements plans to reach organizational goals as determined by the LMT. Displays initiative in developing action plans and resolving problems as they occur, in consultation with the senior pastor and other members of the LMT.
· Communication: Communicates effectively with multiple audiences using a variety of formats. Examples include: written communications that clearly outline the situation and action items; verbal presentations and briefings to the staff, the LMT and other parties; presenting at local meetings and to outside groups regarding a variety of issues affecting FBC Venice.
· Dependability: Seeks increased responsibility while remaining conscientious, thorough, accurate, and reliable, with respect to achieving the organization's goals. This includes being available and responsive to issues and concerns as they arise.
· Demonstrated administrative skills
· Effective written and oral communication skills
· Life long learner
· Proven discipler/spiritual mentor of others
· Able to cast vision, recruit, equip volunteer workers and leaders (a leader of leaders)
· Must sense a call by God to the position.
· Have a desire and passion to fulfill its requirements.
Approximate Time Required by the Position
· 55 hours: Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. The executive pastor is responsible for overall operations, asset protection for FBC Venice, a 501(c) (3) non-profit private church corporation.
The incumbent also:
2. Agrees with "Statement of Faith and Message, oversees all accounting functions including those necessary for auditing, budgeting, financial analysis, capital asset and property management and payroll in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, board policies and procedures, and all other applicable rules and guidelines.
3. Handles all aspects of human resource management for all employees, except senior pastor, including but not limited to hiring and termination, under direction of the senior pastor, developing position descriptions, setting compensation, and applying LMT-approved employee policies and benefits in accordance with federal and state requirements; regularly supervises FBCVenice administrative staff as it develops.
4. Interacts with other personnel and organizations, in regard to matters affecting FBC Venice.
6. Assists in the development of current and long-term organizational goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures for FBC Venice operations. Establishes plans to achieve goals set by the LMT and senior pastor and implements policies, subject to approval by the LMT and the senior pastor.
7. Works closely with the senior pastor to ensure he is provided with appropriate support systems and quality service in all areas.
8. Analyzes and evaluates vendor services, particularly for insurance, employee benefits and management of FBC Venice funds.